Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Diabetes and Nerve Damage


Nerve damage caused by high blood sugar levels in the body from diabetes is also called diabetic neuropathy. Most people with diabetes will develop some nerve damage, especially as they get older and have diabetes for many years.
Nerve problems are more common if you have diabetes and:
  •  Have problems controlling your blood sugar 
  • Are overweight
  • Have high blood pressure 
  • Have high cholesterol 
Types of Nerve Damage 
There are several types of nerve damage that can occur with diabetes, but the two more common types are:
 • Peripheral neuropathy that often causes pain or loss of feeling in the toes, feet, legs, hands and arms. Most often the feet and legs are affected before the hands and arms.
 • Autonomic neuropathy that causes changes in digestion of food, bowel and bladder function and sexual response. It can also affect the nerves that control the heart and blood vessels, lungs and eyes. This type is also linked to something called hypoglycemia unawareness, which happens when you no longer have warning signs of low blood sugar levels.

Prevent Nerve Damage 
Keep your blood sugar in a normal range.Work with your doctor and diabetes care team to learn how to manage your blood sugar levels. As part of your care, your doctor should do a foot exam every year to check if you have any sign of loss of feeling in your toes or feet.

Daily Foot Care 
Check your feet every day for any open skin, sores or red spots. You may have a sore spot and not feel it because of the nerve damage. If you find skin problems, talk to your doctor.

• Clean your feet each day with warm water and mild soap. Do not soak your feet. Dry your feet well with a soft towel. Be sure to dry between your toes.
• Check your feet and toes for cuts, scrapes, blisters, red spots, sores or other problems. Be sure to check the top, bottom and sides of your feet. Check under and around each toe. You may need to use a mirror or get someone to help you check the bottom of your feet.
• Apply a moisturizing lotion to the skin of your feet, but avoid lotion between the toes.
• Use a pumice stone gently to smooth calluses or corns after a shower. Never cut or shave off calluses or corns.
• When toe nails get long, cut the nails straight across and file with an emery board to smooth any rough edges. • Wear clean, dry socks that fit comfortably.
• Wear shoes or slippers to protect your feet. You should never go barefoot. Wear shoes that fit well and offer good support. Be sure to check inside your shoes before putting them on to make sure there are no objects in them and there are no tears, rough spots or sharp edges.

Signs of Nerve Damage 
Signs will vary based on the nerves that are affected. Some people have no signs at all. Some signs may get worse over time and some people report the signs are worse at night. Signs may include: • Numbness, tingling, loss of feeling or pain in the toes, feet, legs or fingers, hands and arms • Muscle loss in the feet or hands • Nausea and vomiting or problems with indigestion • Diarrhea or constipation • Problems with urine flow or control • Dizziness or fainting when standing or sitting up that causes a drop in blood pressure called orthostatic hypotension • Weakness • Erectile dysfunction in men or vaginal dryness in women • Heart rate changes If you have any of these signs, visit your doctor for a physical exam.

Your Care Testing 
Your doctor will examine you and ask you questions about any signs you have. Tests may be ordered such as: • Nerve conduction study or electromyography (EMG) that uses electrical signals to check nerves. • Ultrasound that uses sound waves to check organs such as your bladder or stomach.

Treatment of Your Nerve Damage
Treatment depends on the type of nerve damage you have and may include: • Pain control with medicines, physical therapy or other treatments. • Medicines to treat diarrhea or constipation. • Eating small amounts of food every few hours, and limiting fats and fiber for indigestion problems. • Physical therapy to help with coordination issues. • If you have foot problems, talk to your doctor about seeing a foot doctor called a podiatrist. The nerves that go to the feet are often affected by diabetic neuropathy. Ì Loss of feeling may mean you do not feel a sore or blister. Ì Circulation problems may add to the risk of infection and slow healing in the feet.

Managing Your Diabetes
You also need to manage your diabetes as ordered by your doctor to keep your blood sugar levels in a normal range and prevent further nerve damage: • Check your blood sugar often. • Take your diabetes medicines as directed. • Follow your meal plan. • Exercise each day. • Do daily foot care to protect your feet

Source:  Diabetes and Nerve Damage. Spanish. healthinfotranslations.org © 2012 - January 12, 2017,  Health Information





8 comments:

  1. [HOW I GOT CURED FROM GENITAL HERPES VIRUS )
    I was diagnosed with GENITAL HERPES VIRUS , my doctor told me it has no permanent cure, this virus affected me so badly that i was so ashamed of my self, this continued until a friend of mine Anna told me about Dr NANA from west Africa who cured her mother from GENITAL HERPES VIRUS, I contacted this herbal doctor and he sent me the herbal medicine through courier service, when i received it i applied it for 2 week with the instruction and i was totally cured from GENITAL HERPES VIRUS permanently within 7 to 8 days of usage. if you are passing through the same problem you can contact him via his email you should know about his natural herbal treatment, Dr NANA email is been attached to my post reach him for help. add him on Email at drnanaherbalsolutionhome@gmail.com or whatsapp line or call +2347014784614.
    he can also cured this disease,CANCER,ALS,HPV WARTS,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,STROKE
















































    [HOW I GOT CURED FROM GENITAL HERPES VIRUS )
    I was diagnosed with GENITAL HERPES VIRUS , my doctor told me it has no permanent cure, this virus affected me so badly that i was so ashamed of my self, this continued until a friend of mine Anna told me about Dr NANA from west Africa who cured her mother from GENITAL HERPES VIRUS, I contacted this herbal doctor and he sent me the herbal medicine through courier service, when i received it i applied it for 2 week with the instruction and i was totally cured from GENITAL HERPES VIRUS permanently within 7 to 8 days of usage. if you are passing through the same problem you can contact him via his email you should know about his natural herbal treatment, Dr NANA email is been attached to my post reach him for help. add him on Email at drnanaherbalsolutionhome@gmail.com or whatsapp line or call +2347014784614.
    he can also cured this disease,CANCER,ALS,HPV WARTS,HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE,STROKE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so lucky when i was cured from HSV 1&2 Disease after my friend contacted Dr DADA and he was cured from HSV 2 within 2 weeks after taking his herbal medicine, through my friend who was cured by Dr DADA, my friend get me Dr DADA email address:(drdadaspellhome7@gmail.com)  i contacted Dr DADA and he assured me that i will be cured when i receive his medicine and used it, less than 4 days i get his medicine and used it and in 2 weeks as instructed and then went to test myself in the clinic my results came negative. Dr DADA has solution for HIV AIDS. HEPATITIS B. DIABETES. CANCER And more. Email: (drdadaspellhome@hotmail.com) or Call/What app: +2348158568638

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anyone here that has experience emotional heartbreak will understand how i feel and will understand how i went to any length to get the love of my life back up until i met the great prophet it all felt impossible and i have begin to loose hope on getting francisco back cause he left and told me he never wanted to see me again in his life and i have been the witch behind his lack of progress and he cant progress in life. but after meeting with the great Dr Isikolo , he gave me my lover back something i never felt was possible anymore and i ave become a laughing stock to everyone at home and work even his business associate laughed at me and called me names. now i am smiling as my marriage invitation is given to them to also get help from this good man email at isikolosolutionhome@gmail.com and tell him magret link you up and i believe as you do so it will bring an end to all your relationship problem or Whatsapp him on +2348133261196

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pharmacyatical drugs can only be used for treatment and not to cure a virus. That is why the HSV, HSV1, HSV2, HiV Cancer and all other Viruses cannot be cured with phamacytical drugs. I'm not ashame to testify my cure and total Eradication of this virus. try herbal method, it work for me and I'm totally cured of HSV2 after my test results was negative. I thank Doctor Akintunde for his Natural roots and herbs(Antiviral) herbal medicine. I took as i was instructed now I'm cured of this virus. No symptoms, outbreak, sore throat, fever Blister and body weakness again. You can contact Dr. Akin. On his email/WhatsApp like I did. Dr. Akin.

    drakintundehomecare@gmail.com

    +12068994141

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you still Struggle with Cold Sores, unexpected Outbreak and Herpes Virus? then you don't have to keep waiting for treatment when the is a herbal medicine that cure this virus. I was searching online for Herbal Cure for Herpes Virus when I saw a testimony online about Dr. Akintunde and how he cured a lady of HSV1 with his.
    natural herbal medicine and tested Negative and in less than a month she was cured of this virus. So it took me time to believe that this was true, because my family Doctor tried all his best to get rid of this virus in my body system but yet no cure and I suffered from outbreak and Cold Sores always. I had to contact Dr. Akintunde after I have access his website and i had faith in God that I was going to be fine and free of this virus one day. Finally I contacted Dr. Akintunde on his WhatsApp number that I saw on the testimony post online, and after our conversation the Doctor only promise me that I was going to be cured and free of this virus after taking his natural herbal medicine because I was tired of my situation with this virus it was so distracting to my life and whole family. Later Dr. Akintunde send some Herbal medicine to me through UPS courier service, with instructions on how to used this medicine, to my biggest surprise first week of taking my herbal medication I saw great improvement and I still think that it's a dream but this is real, I now test Negative of this virus today and my blood pressure well regulated now, my family doctor after my test was extremely surprise to see my test result change to HSV1 Negative and no more symptoms, cold sores, sores throat and outbreak again. I wish to tell everyone about this, mostly if you have this virus then do yourself good to contact Dr. Akintunde and see what the Lord can do through this Herbal Doctor's medicine in less than a month. 100% free from herpes Virus. I and my family say "thank you" Sir, for helping my life. You are a blessing to this generation and God will reward you richly

    Email: drakintundehomecare@gmail.com

    WhatsApp number: +234 703 524 5593

    ReplyDelete
  6. Believe me I have used Dr Aziba herbal Medicine cure remedy for 2 WEEKS now. So far, it has cured my HERPES, eliminated my COLD SORE, improved energy and metabolism, in the morning I feel recharged and I no longer feel sleepy after a meal. As for the scent, it does smell like motor oil but I chase it down with 100% Herbal medicine from Dr Aziba. twice a day AFTER a meal. I also experienced vivid dreams for about 5 days now it’s diminishing to during the first 2 or 3 hours of sleep . contact Dr Aziba: EMAIL: priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348100368288 and He also have herbs medicine to cure some popular diseases....
    Some other disease disturbing your health get connected with Dr Aziba for the herbal cure
    {1}Diabetes
    {2}HPV
    {3}ALS
    {4}Penis Enlargement
    {5}ECZEMA
    And Lots More...
    Contact
    Dr via Email: Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com
    WhatsApp : +2348100368288

    ReplyDelete
  7. Believe me I have used Dr Aziba herbal Medicine cure remedy for 2 WEEKS now. So far, it has cured my HERPES, eliminated my COLD SORE, improved energy and metabolism, in the morning I feel recharged and I no longer feel sleepy after a meal. As for the scent, it does smell like motor oil but I chase it down with 100% Herbal medicine from Dr Aziba. twice a day AFTER a meal. I also experienced vivid dreams for about 5 days now it’s diminishing to during the first 2 or 3 hours of sleep . contact Dr Aziba: EMAIL: priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com or whatsapp +2348100368288 and He also have herbs medicine to cure some popular diseases....
    Some other disease disturbing your health get connected with Dr Aziba for the herbal cure
    {1}Diabetes
    {2}HPV
    {3}ALS
    {4}Penis Enlargement
    {5}ECZEMA
    And Lots More...
    Contact
    Dr via Email: Priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com
    WhatsApp : +2348100368288

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM THIS GREAT COMPANY

    Hello my dear people, I am Linda McDonald, currently living in Austin Texas, USA. I am a widow at the moment with three kids and i was stuck in a financial situation in April 2018 and i needed to refinance and pay my bills. I tried seeking loans from various loan firms both private and corporate but never with success, and most banks declined my credit ,do not full prey to those hoodlums at there that call them self-money lender they are all scam , all they want is your money and you well not hear from them again they have done it to me twice before I met Mr. David Wilson the most interesting part of it is that my loan was transfer to me within 74hours so I will advise you to contact Mr. David if you are interested in getting loan and you are sure you can pay him back on time you can contact him via email……… (davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com) No credit check, no cosigner with just 2% interest rate and better repayment plans and schedule if you must contact any firm with reference to securing a loan without collateral then contact Mr. David Wilson today for your loan

    They offer all kind of categories of loan they

    Short term loan (5_10years)
    Long term loan (20_40)
    Media term loan (10_20)
    They offer loan like
    Home loan............., Business loan........ Debt loan.......
    Student loan.........., Business startup loan
    Business loan......., Company loan.............. etc
    Email..........( davidwilsonloancompany4@gmail.com)
    When it comes to financial crisis and loan then David Wilson loan financial is the place to go please just tell him I Mrs. Linda McDonald direct you Good Luck.......................

    ReplyDelete